ERGL Elevated Runway Guard Lights
- Easy installation: no specialized work crews required; limited air traffic disruption and functions immediately upon installation
- Compact, self-contained design: easy deployment and relocation
- Significant cost savings: no fuel or electrical bills
- Reduced maintenance cycles: no scheduled maintenance for up to five years
- Clean, renewable solution: a visible move towards eco-friendly practices
The Carmanah solar elevated runway guard light (ERGL) provides 24-hour unidirectional flashing to aid in reducing airfield incursions at unmarked runway and taxiway intersections. The ERGL installs in minutes with no trenching, cabling, or external power, and can be relocated just as quickly.
An ideal choice for airfields that require improved safety measures, but experience difficulties with grid access, a solar ERGL makes it even easier to retrofit existing runways with this effective, preventative solution.