Orion Solar offer a range of durable and reliable off-grid lighting solutions to remote locations meeting all Australian stndards
Orion's solar street lighting system meets the requirements of Australian street lighting standards while avoiding expensive installation costs associated with traditional grid powered lights. Solar LED lighting also delivers energy saving and reduced carbon footprints that communities and utilities seek. Roadways where electrical grid power is unavailable, unreliable or costly to access, makes the Orion solar lighting system the ideal solution: installing easily, requiring minimal maintenance and having zero dependence on the electrical grid.
Australia faces the challenge of having to ensure appropriate street lighting to some of the most remote areas in the world with may roads well beyond the reach of hard wired power supply. Orion Solar is able to step up to this challenge offering a range of solar LED street lighting solutions that can stand up to the most extreme of conditions not being compromised by extremes of temperature, strong winds, dust and electrical storms. In fact our solar lights were still blazing after the cyclones that ripped through the coastal towns of north Queensland while the rest of the town remained in darkness.
So Why Go Solar STREET LIGHTING?
- Electrical grid is unreliable or unavailable
- Trenching or cabling costs are high
- Existing underground wiring needs replacing or copper theft is a reoccurring problem
- Underground checks and permits are costly or time consuming
- There is a cost in disrupting traffic, business and/or the environment
- There is a desire for sustainable (green) lighting
- Government funding to support sustainable infrastructure is available
With no connection to the electrical grid and no ongoing electrical costs, solar LED area lighting allows for versatility, reliability and cost-savings beyond anything hardwired solutions can offer.